Subject: Re: Bug: git push crashing

From: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:06:31 +0100

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 08:50:25PM +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:
> when I'm trying to push one specific branch from my git repository
> to server, git push crashing. Pushing branch is rejected by server
> (because non fast forward), but local git app should not crash.
> 
> I'm using git from ubuntu apt repository (compiled myself for debug
> symbols), version git_1.7.10.4-1ubuntu1 on amd64 ubuntu system:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/quantal/git
> 
> Here are gdb backtrace and valgrind outputs. I changed server, repo
> and branch strings from output. It looks like that git crashing in
> strcmp function because one of arguments is NULL.
> 
> If you need more info, I can send it. This crash occur always. I can
> reproduce it again and again...

This looks like the same issue that was fixed by commit 1d2c14d (push:
fix segfault when HEAD points nowhere - 2013-01-31).

Can you try again with Git 1.8.2 and see if the crash still happens?