Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitk: add support for -G'regex' pickaxe variant

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:38:22 -0700

Ramkumar Ramachandra wrote:

> I still don't know exactly what -G and -S do.

If you've been following recent gitk development (or this thread)
closely, you'll know that "git log -S" finds commits adding/removing a
string, while "git log -G" finds commits changing lines matching a
regex.

Examples for inclusion in the documentation welcome, certainly
(especially if they come in patch form).

A quick web search finds some references:

 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/187364
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/154822/focus=154823
 http://gitster.livejournal.com/35628.html
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.scala.internals/14219/focus=14220
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1370389/focus=1370478
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.autoconf.general/10682/focus=5691
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.plugins.devel/6164/focus=6175
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.sympy/5830/focus=5836

Thanks and hope that helps,
Jonathan