Subject: Re: [PATCH] guilt: fix date parsing

From: Theodore Ts'o <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 08:10:10 -0400

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:39:21PM -0400, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek wrote:
> I applied this one and the "guilt: skip empty line after..." patch.

Thanks!  BTW, it looks like you are not using "git am -s" to apply
these patches?  The reason why I ask is that whatever you're using
isn't removing the [XXX] subject prefix (e.g., [PATCH] or [PATCH -v2]
which is useful for mailing lists, but less useful in the git commit
descriptions.

If you're using guilt, do you have some script that preformats a Unix
mbox into guilt-friendly files?  If so, maybe it would be good to
modify it to strip out the [PATCH] annotations.  If not, let me know,
since I've been thinking about writing a script to take a Unix mbox,
and bursts it into a separate patch-per-file with a series file
suitable for use by guilt, removing mail headers and doing other
appropriate pre-parsing --- basically, a "guilt am" which works much
like "git am".  But if someone else has done this already, no point
duplicating effort.  :-)

						- Ted