Subject: Re: [PATCH] Documentation/CommunityGuidelines

From: Theodore Ts'o <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 07:56:41 -0400

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 07:10:11PM +0530, Ramkumar Ramachandra wrote:
> 
> Presumably, Felipe is the "fire hazard" that we are talking about, and
> nobody else is to blame.  He must be "removed" to prevent future
> fires.  This is the "perception of the regulars", correct?
> 
> Then why haven't you removed him yet?  What are you waiting for?  You
> don't need my "approval".

He (and you) get "removed" when individuals who have decided the vast
majority of their e-mails shed more heat than light, and so people
decide that it's not worth reading their e-mails.  I have persionally
made this determination for both you and for Felipe; for you, your
participation in this thread was what set the "bozo bit".

Now, I'm not a major developer for git, so my personal decision
doesn't make a huge amount of difference.

But if people who *are* senior developers in the git community decide,
on their own, that someone isn't worth listening to, there's the
punishment has been inflicted, and this happens without banning
someone from posting or removing them from the mailing list.

Please stop.

Regards,

							- Ted