Subject: [PATCH 1/2] howto: Suppress indentation with tabs

From: Dirk Wallenstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:54:17 +0200

The AsciiDoc files in the 'howto' folder are installed as documentation
and AsciiDoc files are meant to be read and printed as is.  To quote the
AsciiDoc Home Page:

    AsciiDoc files are designed to be viewed, edited and printed
    directly or translated to other presentation formats using the
    asciidoc(1) command.

Tabs have the property of a configurable width and can thereby skew the
layout of a page and distort the meaning.  This is particularly a
problem when mixing lines with different indentation (space vs tab) in
code examples and ASCII art.

Prevent such a mix-up by prohibiting tab indentation entirely.

Signed-off-by: Dirk Wallenstein <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/howto/.gitattributes | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/howto/.gitattributes

diff --git a/Documentation/howto/.gitattributes b/Documentation/howto/.gitattributes
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..fecc113
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/howto/.gitattributes
@@ -0,0 +1 @@
+* whitespace=tab
-- 
1.8.3.3.2.g85103ba