Subject: Re: [PATCH] pull: Allow pull to preserve merges when rebasing.

From: Stephen Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 18:09:15 -0500

> 1. i'm not sure why you are testing $3 == preserve. it looks like a
> typo

Yes, good catch. I've added a test that fails, and will fix that.

> 2. clearer than a string of yoda conditions:
> 
> case $2 in
> true|false|preserve)

Makes sense, will change.

> 1. in the error message you say that rebase should be a trystate of
> true, false, or preserve. why then do you allow $rebase == '' ?

Because it may be unset, like if the user ran "git pull . copy" and
the pull.rebase setting was not set.

> 2. clearer than a string of yoda conditions:

Will change again.

I'll wait to see if I get any more feedback and then will send out
another version.

Thanks!

- Stephen