Subject: Re: cdgit: cd relative to git workdir root

From: martin f krafft <madduck-JX/[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:33:04 +0200

also sprach Thomas Koch <[email-masked]> [2013.09.16.2101 +0200]:
> shell alias cdgit = cd $(git root)

I've tried to make this happen many years ago, but I never finished
the ZLE widget that did it. The idea was to bind 'tab' to a function
that would replace an occurrence of ~g in $LBUFFER with the output
of rev-parse--show-toplevel and then delegate to normal tab
expansion.

So now I just have

  hash -d g=$(git rev-parse --show-toplevel)

in a pre-prompt function and get the same effect.

  fishbowl:~/code/salt|develop|debian% ls ~g/debi<tab>

-- 
martin | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/
 
"i am not in favour of long engagements. they give people the
 opportunity of finding out each other's character before marriage,
 which i think is never advisable."
                                                        -- oscar wilde
 
spamtraps: madduck.bogus-JX/[email-masked]