Subject: Re: 1.8.4 rebase regression?

From: Patrick Welche <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:07:26 +0100

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:23:51AM +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Patrick Welche <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Got it: the change between 1.8.3.4 and 1.8.4 is that colour is on by
> > default. If I take 1.8.3.4 and git -c color.ui=always log, I see
> > the same ESC codes => not a regression! I'll just have to sort my
> > box out if I want colour. (The only oddity is that git status is
> > correctly colourful.)
> 
> Maybe you disabled the pager for "git status"?

Interesting: I didn't disable it on purpose, but indeed, it is not
used for status.

Can't believe this:

$ echo $PAGER
more

unset PAGER, and git diff is fine...

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers,

Patrick