Subject: Re: git rebase is confused about commits w/o textual changes (e.g. chmod's)

From: Paul Sokolovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 02:32:44 +0300

Hello Brian,

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 22:28:07 +0000
"brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:56:48PM +0300, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 
> > git rebase is confused about commits like
> > https://github.com/pfalcon/civetweb/commit/ce8493837bf7676c6d824cdcb1d5e3a7ed476fe1
> > - it stops, telling user to just run rebase --continue. I remember
[]

> 
> I'm interested in solving this, but I can't seem to reproduce it with
> the following script.  Can you provide more information about which
> branches specifically you were using (as well as which git version)
> so I can reproduce the problem and look into fixing it?

Thanks for your reply - I wondered if my message went thru (I'm not
subscribed to the list). I'm running:

$ git --version
git version 1.8.4

Specifically from Ubuntu PPA:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/git-core/ppa/ubuntu

Script to reproduce the issue is:
https://gist.github.com/pfalcon/6736632 , based on a real-world case of
merging histories of a fork created from a flat tree snapshot with
the original project it was created from.

Thanks,
 Paul                          mailto:[email-masked]