Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/4] Remove deprecated commands

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:13:45 -0800

John Keeping wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:25:51AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> John Keeping <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> "git repo-config", "git tar-tree", "git lost-found" and "git
>>> peek-remote" have all been deprecated since at least Git 1.5.4.
[...]
>> Probably good material to discuss during the next cycle.
[...]
> I was assuming these would be queued as a "held until 2.0" branch, but

Please no. :)  We already have a nice set of features for 2.0 and I
hope people have as few excuses not to upgrade as possible.  Anything
that actually needs the same kind of treatment that is introduced now
should wait for 3.0.

Removing repo-config, tar-tree, and peek-remote sounds fine to me
(though I haven't thought much about it either way) and I agree that
it wouldn't need to wait for an x.0 release.

Thanks,
Jonathan