Subject: [PATCH 1/3] git-remote-mediawiki: honor DESTDIR in "make install"

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:45:29 -0800

So now you can run

	DESTDIR=$(pwd)/tmp make -Ccontrib/mw-to-git install

to install the mediawiki remote helper, git-mw tool, and Git::Mediawiki
perl module under tmp/ as preparation for zipping it up and extracting
on another machine.

While at it, make sure the directory that should contain Git::Mediawiki
exists before putting a file there.  Without this patch, the makefile
uses DESTDIR when installing git-mw and git-remote-mediawiki but not
the perl module, resulting in errors from "make install" if the
$(INSTLIBDIR)/Git directory does not exist:

 install: cannot create regular file \
 '/usr/share/perl/5.18.1/Git/Mediawiki.pm': No such file or directory

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
---
 contrib/mw-to-git/Makefile | 4 +++-
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/contrib/mw-to-git/Makefile b/contrib/mw-to-git/Makefile
index c5547f9..ee78fda 100644
--- a/contrib/mw-to-git/Makefile
+++ b/contrib/mw-to-git/Makefile
@@ -30,7 +30,9 @@ test: all
 check: perlcritic test
 
 install_pm:
-	install $(GIT_MEDIAWIKI_PM) $(INSTLIBDIR)/$(GIT_MEDIAWIKI_PM)
+	install -d -m 755 $(DESTDIR)$(INSTLIBDIR)/Git
+	install -m 644 $(GIT_MEDIAWIKI_PM) \
+		$(DESTDIR)$(INSTLIBDIR)/$(GIT_MEDIAWIKI_PM)
 
 build:
 	$(MAKE) -C $(GIT_ROOT_DIR) SCRIPT_PERL="$(SCRIPT_PERL_FULL)" \
-- 
1.8.4.1