Subject: Re: Re: Re: Git issues with submodules

From: Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 19:15:42 +0100

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:57:45PM +0600, Sergey Sharybin wrote:
> Heiko, yeah sure see what you mean. Changing existing behavior is pretty PITA.
> 
> Just one more question for now, are you referencing to the patch "[RFC
> PATCH] disable complete ignorance of submodules for index <-> HEAD
> diff"? Coz i tested it and seems it doesn't change behavior of
> add/commit.

Yep, that was just an RFC for status and diff. I think teaching add and
commit to skip submodules if ignored are a separate topic and thus will
be in a separate patch. I have to add tests and probably some more
commands. The logic of ignoring submodules is implemented quite deep in
the diff code. So changing it can affect quite some commands so we
have to check quite carefully what will be affected and if we can change
it without to much fallout.

> Also, i'm around to test the all patches which are related on submodules :)

Thanks, good to know. Stay tuned!

Cheers Heiko