Subject: Re: Setting file timestamps to commit time (git-checkout)

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:01:45 -0800

Dominik Vogt wrote:

>                         How does git-new-workdir cope with
> rebasing (e.g. you have the same branch checked out in two working
> trees and "rebase -i" it in one of them)?

Generally you don't have the same branch checked out in two working
trees.  I tend to use "git checkout --detach" to not have *any*
branch checked out in most working trees, though that comes with its
own set of problems since the HEAD reflog is not shared.

>                                            Is it really a working
> option?

Yes, modulo the two warnings above. ;-)

If someone has time to work on it, the threads

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/150559
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/182821

describe one way to make those caveats go away.

Thanks,
Jonathan