Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] t9605: test for cvsps commit ordering bug

From: "Eric S. Raymond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 19:35:18 -0500

Replying to very old but newly relevant mail:

Chris Rorvick <[email-masked]>:
> Import of a trivial CVS repository fails due to a cvsps bug.

The t9605 test you sent me is now part of cvs-fast-export's 
regression-test suite, along with suitably adapted versions of
t960[1-4] from the git tree.  Here is a summary of the results:

t9601:
|========================================================================
|                                            | cvsps    | cvs-fast-export
|import a module with a vendor branch        | Succeeds | Succeeds 
|check master out of git repository          | Succeeds | Succeeds 
|check a file imported once                  | Fails    | Succeeds 
|check a file imported twice                 | Succeeds | Succeeds 
|check a file imported then modified on HEAD | Succeeds | Succeeds 
|...imported, modified, then imported again  | Succeeds | Succeeds 
|check a file added to HEAD then imported    | Succeeds | Fails
| a vendor branch whose tag has been removed | Succeeds | Succeeds
|========================================================================

t9602:
|========================================================================
|                                            | cvsps    | cvs-fast-export
|import module                               | Succeeds | Succeeds 
|test branch master                          | Succeeds | Succeeds 
|test branch vendorbranch                    | Succeeds | Fails
|test_branch B_FROM_INITIALS                 | Fails    | Succeeds
|test_branch B_FROM_INITIALS_BUT_ONE         | Fails    | Fails
|test_branch B_MIXED                         | Fails    | Succeeds
|test_branch B_SPLI                          | Succeeds | Succeeds
|test branch vendortag                       | Fails    | Succeeds
|test tag T_ALL_INITIAL_FILES                | Succeeds | Succeeds
|test tag T_ALL_INITIAL_FILES_BUT_ONE        | Fails    | Fails
|test_tag T_MIXED                            | Fails    | Succeeds
|========================================================================

t9603:
	cvsps fails this test; cvs-fast-export succeeds.

t9604:
	cvsps and cvs-fast-export both succeed at this test.

t9605:
	cvsps fails this test; cvs-fast-export succeeds.
-- 
		<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>