Subject: [WIP/PATCH 0/5] git checkout --recurse-submodules

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 07:58:57 -0800

Hi,

This patch series comes from
https://github.com/jlehmann/git-submod-enhancements branch
recursive_submodule_checkout.  It needed some tiny tweaks to apply to
current "master" and build without warnings, but nothing major, and I
haven't sanity checked it much beyond that and letting the kind folks
that use Debian experimental play with it.

I'm sending it out now to get review and ideas for what needs to
happen next to get this series in shape to be included in git.git.

Thoughts of all kinds welcome.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jens Lehmann (5):
  submodule: prepare for recursive checkout of submodules
  submodule: teach unpack_trees() to remove submodule contents
  submodule: teach unpack_trees() to repopulate submodules
  submodule: teach unpack_trees() to update submodules
  Teach checkout to recursively checkout submodules

 Documentation/git-checkout.txt |   8 ++
 builtin/checkout.c             |  14 +++
 entry.c                        |  19 +++-
 submodule.c                    | 217 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 submodule.h                    |  11 +++
 t/t2013-checkout-submodule.sh  | 215 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 unpack-trees.c                 |  94 ++++++++++++++----
 unpack-trees.h                 |   1 +
 wrapper.c                      |   3 +
 9 files changed, 556 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)