Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] git-svn: workaround for a bug in svn serf backend

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 12:07:08 -0800

Roman Kagan wrote:

> Subversion serf backend in versions 1.8.5 and below has a bug that the
> function creating the descriptor of a file change -- add_file() --
> doesn't make a copy of its third argument when storing it on the
> returned descriptor.  As a result, by the time this field is used (in
> transactions of file copying or renaming) it may well be released, and
> the memory reused.
>
> One of its possible manifestations is the svn assertion triggering on an
> invalid path, with a message
>
> svn_fspath__skip_ancestor: Assertion `svn_fspath__is_canonical(child_fspath)' failed.
[...]

Makes sense.  Perhaps also worth mentioning that this is fixed by
r1553376, but no need to reroll just for that.

> Cc: Benjamin Pabst <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>

No need for these lines --- the mail header already keeps track of who
is being cc-ed.

> Signed-off-by: Roman Kagan <[email-masked]>

Reviewed-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>

Thanks.