Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] Two janitorial patches for builtin/blame.c

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:01:49 -0800

David Kastrup wrote:

> and contrib.  The README file states
>
>     Git is an Open Source project covered by the GNU General Public
>     License version 2 (some parts of it are under different licenses,
>     compatible with the GPLv2). It was originally written by Linus
>     Torvalds with help of a group of hackers around the net.
>
> without mentioning _which_ parts are under different licenses.

Okay, how about this patch?

diff --git i/README w/README
index 15a8e23..6745db5 100644
--- i/README
+++ w/README
@@ -21,8 +21,9 @@ and full access to internals.
 
 Git is an Open Source project covered by the GNU General Public
 License version 2 (some parts of it are under different licenses,
-compatible with the GPLv2). It was originally written by Linus
-Torvalds with help of a group of hackers around the net.
+compatible with the GPLv2, and have notices to that effect). It was
+originally written by Linus Torvalds with help of a group of hackers
+around the net.
 
 Please read the file INSTALL for installation instructions.