Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v1.9-rc0

From: Ken Moffat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:30:30 +0000

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 10:10:18AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Vicent Martí <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> Do these consume CPU every time somebody asks for a tarball?  That
> >> might be considered "wrong" depending on the view.
> >
> > No, our infrastructure caches frequently requested tarballs so they
> > don't have to be regenerated on the fly.
> 
> Thanks.  That is certainly good enough for consumers, and better
> than having to manually create and upload for me ;-)

 Two questions: Does regenerating (e.g. if the tarball has dropped
out of the cache) change its sums (md5sum or similar) ?  In (beyond)
linuxfromscratch we use md5sums to verify that a tarball has not
changed.  Also, will there be links for manpages and htmldocs
tarballs ?

 I note that all of these *are* still available at googlecode for
the moment : https://code.google.com/p/git-core/downloads/list

ĸen
-- 
das eine Mal als Tragödie, dieses Mal als Farce