Subject: Re: Repository formats

From: Simon Ruderich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 21:55:04 +0200

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 10:18:55AM -0400, Phillip Susi wrote:
> I have seen some discussion about various changes to the format of the
> index and pack files over time, but can't find anything about it in
> the man pages.  Are the different formats documented anywhere, and how
> to tell which format you are using?

Hello,

The documentation is available in Documentation/technical/, e.g.
index-format.txt and pack-format.txt.

However not everything is available there. For current work on
those formats, check the mailing list archive, e.g. [1]

Regards
Simon

[1]: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/233083
-- 
+ privacy is necessary
+ using gnupg http://gnupg.org
+ public key id: 0x92FEFDB7E44C32F9