Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Mar 2014, #08; Mon, 31)

From: Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 22:04:09 +0200

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 05:29:03PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> * hv/submodule-ignore-fix (2013-12-06) 4 commits
>  - disable complete ignorance of submodules for index <-> HEAD diff
>  - always show committed submodules in summary after commit
>  - teach add -f option for ignored submodules
>  - fix 'git add' to skip submodules configured as ignored
> 
>  Teach "git add" to be consistent with "git status" when changes to
>  submodules are set to be ignored, to avoid surprises after checking
>  with "git status" to see there isn't any change to be further added
>  and then see that "git add ." adds changes to them.
> 
>  I think a reroll is coming, so this may need to be replaced, but I
>  needed some practice with heavy conflict resolution.  It conflicts
>  with two changes to "git add" that have been scheduled for Git 2.0
>  quite badly, and I think I got the resolution right this time.
> 
>  Waiting for a reroll.

Since Ronald and Jens picked up this topic[1], I think you can discard
my series.

Cheers Heiko

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/245341