Subject: Re: Trying to setup Visual Studio 2013 with a CentOS 6.5 x64 git server

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:20:37 -0700

Hi,

Charles Buege wrote:

> If, in actuality, I can use a CentOS git server with Visual Studio
> 2013, can anyone point me in the direction of an
> FAQ/directions/YouTube video/book/anything for how to setup something
> like this?

I suspect
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh850445.aspx#remote_3rd_party_connect_clone
should get you started.

As far as I can tell from #git, every once in a while people seem to
want to escape from GUIs to have control over what they're doing (for
example when cleaning up existing commits, or when performing a
complex merge).  You can find a usable commandline version of Git for
Windows at http://msysgit.github.io/ (and the same project has a
TortoiseSVN-like explorer plugin called GitCheetah if you need that).

Hope that helps,
Jonathan