Subject: Re: Harmful LESS flags

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 08:47:22 -0700

David Kastrup wrote:
> Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Just for clarity: no, when we are talking about well formatted code,
>> -S is actually a way better interface.
>
> When we are talking about well-formatted code, -S does not matter either
> which way.

Sorry for the lack of clarity.  I believe well-formatted code can
contain long lines.  For example, sometimes a message + the printf to
print it and indentation move past the right margin.

If I wasn't talking about long lines, why would I have replied in the
first place?

[...]
> Overriding less' defaults should only be done for unequivocal benefits,

We agree here.  So, does someone who actually wants this change want to
propose a patch? :)

Hope that helps,
Jonathan