Subject: Re: [PATCH v10 00/44] Use ref transactions for all ref updates

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 11:39:17 -0700

Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:

> This patch series can also be found at
> https://github.com/rsahlberg/git/tree/ref-transactions

I think the rerolls are coming too fast.  I've been using your
repository on github to check if I should not send any particular
comment because you've already fixed it, so the extra mail is not
needed for that purpose, at least.

In general, I think it's best to stick with one version of a series,
gather review comments on it, comment inline to solicit feedback about
approaches to particular problems, point reviewers to an up-to-date
branch which is more in flux, etc, and then only resend when reviewers
have had a chance to get through it to make it easier to keep track of
the review without getting lost.

Thanks for the quick work so far, by the way.  It's been fun watching
the API evolve.

My two cents,
Jonathan