Subject: Re: [PATCH v11 13/41] refs.c: change ref_transaction_create to do error checking and return status

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 11:09:45 -0700

Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:

> Can you re-review these patches for me :
>
> please review
>
> 67b8fce refs.c: add an err argument to repack_without_refs
> 738ac43 refs.c: add an err argument to delete_ref_loose
> b78b0e0 refs.c: update ref_transaction_delete to check for error and
> return status
> e558f96 refs.c: add transaction.status and track OPEN/CLOSED/ERROR
> 5a7d9bf sequencer.c: use ref transactions for all ref updates
> 0ea69df fast-import.c: change update_branch to use ref transactions
> 57c92fb refs.c: change update_ref to use a transaction

The easiest way for me is if you send them to the list so I can
comment inline (and others can chime in with other comments, etc).
This works like a reroll of an entire series (using format-patch -v if
you use format-patch, etc) except that instead of sending as a new
thread the updated patch is just sent in response to some review
comments or the earlier version of that patch.

git send-email has an --in-reply-to option for this.  That involves
getting the Message-Id, which can be a little fussy.

Others who use send-email might know better tricks for this.  I never
ended up learning how to use git send-email (and I'm a little scared
of it) so I just hit "reply" in mutt and put the patch there.

Thanks and sorry for the fuss,
Jonathan