Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix git-p4 submit in non --prepare-p4-only mode

From: Maxime Coste <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:06:58 +0100

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 06:39:58PM -0400, Pete Wyckoff wrote:
> [email-masked] wrote on Tue, 10 Jun 2014 13:14 +0100:
> > b4073bb387ef303c9ac3c044f46d6a8ae6e190f0 broke git p4 submit, here
> > is a proper fix, including proper handling for windows end of lines.
> 
> I guess we don't have test coverage for these cases?  Is this
> something that should get put into a maintenance release, quickly?

We have test cases for that, however we need to create a link to git-p4.py
named git-p4 in order for them to work. I did not run the first patch through
the tests (see my previous email) because of that. Sorry about that.

> The fix looks good.  It's surprising that none of the tests
> managed to add a file and trigger the failure.
> 
> I'll ack this again, as it looks okay, but hope you ran all the
> unit tests successfully on your machine.

It works, only one test fail (detect copy), but this test already fails
with my two patches reverted.

This should be applied soon (or alternatively
b4073bb387ef303c9ac3c044f46d6a8ae6e190f0 should be reverted) in master,
as in the current state git p4 submit will fail most of the time.

I'll send that with your ack to Junio.

Cheers,

Maxime Coste.