Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] git-merge-file: do not add LF at EOF while applying unrelated change

From: Max Kirillov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 07:44:28 +0300

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 04:55:10PM +0200, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> I just wish the tests were a little easier to understand...

What could be improved with them?

> Having said that, here is my ACK for the current revision
> of the patch series

Thanks.

By the way, for "\r\n" eol it did even worse, adding just
"\n". And I guess it still adds just "\n" for union merge.
Should file merge consider the core.eol? I think it should,
and for the conflict markers also, it looks ugly when whole
file has "\r\n" but the conflict markers have "\n". But then
git-merge-file could not be used outside of repository, I
guess.

In general, I wish file merging (and diffing) were more
tolerant of the line endings in input. Because in windows
environment, when people have different core.autocrlf, it
becomes quite frustrating to always get conflicts and
changes.

-- 
Max