Subject: Re: Topic sk/mingw-unicode-spawn-args breaks tests

From: Stepan Kasal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 09:50:35 +0200

Hello Hannes,

> Am 10.07.2014 22:05, schrieb Johannes Sixt:
> > It looks like I totally missed the topic sk/mingw-unicode-spawn-args.
...
> > Am I doing something wrong? Does the topic depend on a particular
> > version of MSYS (or DLL)?

unfortunately, I paused my submissions at random point.

I'm sorry for breaking your setup.  I was not aware there is any
working Windows setup beyond msysGit.  Thus I did not object when the
half-done work was going to be moved ot master.

I'll try to submit the patches needed so that your setup works again.

Karsten writes:
> At first glance, t0050 seems to fail because the unicode file
> name patches are still missing.

Indeed, this is a pair of patches on the tip of my queue.

> t4041 tries to pass ISO-8859-1 encoded bytes on the command line,
> which simply doesn't work on Windows (all OS APIs 'talk' UTF-16).
> We have a fix for this in the msysgit fork [1] (but unfortunately
> in another branch, so Stepan couldn't know the patch is related).

There is a whole branch named win-tests or some such.  I remember I
was hunting for not-yet resolved instances of this bug.  This
convinced me that the test suite of vanilla git cannot work on
Windows.  I was not aware about the fact that this problem was masked
in the versions before Karsten's unicode patches.

Hannes, I'd like to submit the patches mentioned here during the
following week and I'd be glad to hear from you.

Stepan

-- 
-- 
*** Please reply-to-all at all times ***
*** (do not pretend to know who is subscribed and who is not) ***
*** Please avoid top-posting. ***
The msysGit Wiki is here: https://github.com/msysgit/msysgit/wiki - Github accounts are free.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "msysGit" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email-masked]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email-masked]
For more options, and view previous threads, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/msysgit?hl=en_US?hl=en

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "msysGit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.