Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Documentation: avoid dangling modifier for imap-send

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 19:51:08 -0700

Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> Should the neighboring instances of '[Rr]equired to use imap-send
> be changed to plain "Required", too?  (I suspect yes.)

Here's what that would look like.

-- >8 --
From: brian m. carlson <[email-masked]>
Subject: imap-send doc: omit confusing "to use imap-send" modifier

It wouldn't make sense for these configuration variables to be
required for Git in general to function.  'Required' in this context
means required for git imap-send to work.

Noticed while trying to figure out what the sentence describing
imap.tunnel meant.

[jn: expanded to also simplify explanation of imap.folder and
 imap.host in the same way]

Signed-off-by: brian m. carlson <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-imap-send.txt | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-imap-send.txt b/Documentation/git-imap-send.txt
index 875d283..d3b465d 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-imap-send.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-imap-send.txt
@@ -38,17 +38,17 @@ Variables
 imap.folder::
 	The folder to drop the mails into, which is typically the Drafts
 	folder. For example: "INBOX.Drafts", "INBOX/Drafts" or
-	"[Gmail]/Drafts". Required to use imap-send.
+	"[Gmail]/Drafts". Required.
 
 imap.tunnel::
 	Command used to setup a tunnel to the IMAP server through which
 	commands will be piped instead of using a direct network connection
-	to the server. Required when imap.host is not set to use imap-send.
+	to the server. Required when imap.host is not set.
 
 imap.host::
 	A URL identifying the server. Use a `imap://` prefix for non-secure
 	connections and a `imaps://` prefix for secure connections.
-	Ignored when imap.tunnel is set, but required to use imap-send
+	Ignored when imap.tunnel is set, but required.
 	otherwise.
 
 imap.user::
--