Subject: Re: [PATCH] mailsplit.c: remove dead code

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:58:26 -0700

Stefan Beller wrote:

> This was found by coverity. (Id: 290001)
[...]
> Signed-off-by: Stefan Beller <[email-masked]>
> Helped-by: René Scharfe <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  builtin/mailsplit.c | 17 ++++++-----------
>  1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

The idea is to simplify error handling (removing cleanup of the
'output' var) by making it more obvious that there is only one kind of
error, right?

For what it's worth, it looks good to me (and much clearer than the
last version).  It's always possible to reintroduce goto-based error
handling later if another kind of error is introduced, and in the
meantime this is simpler and does not change behavior.

Reviewed-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>

Thanks.