Subject: Re: [PATCH] builtin/commit.c: fix type warnings from gcc and sparse

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:44:35 -0400

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 05:36:21PM +0100, Ramsay Jones wrote:

> On 32-bit platforms (only), gcc and sparse both issue warnings
> about the type of the pointer expression passed as the third
> argument to find_commit_header().  In order to suppress the
> warnings, we simply change the type of the 'len' variable to
> size_t.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>

Thanks, this looks good to me. I think I just switched between size_t
and "unsigned long" during the development and forgot to tweak this
spot.

> If you need to re-roll your 'jk/commit-author-parsing' series, could
> you please squash this into the equivalent of commit 95b5989
> ("determine_author_info(): reuse parsing functions", 27-08-2014).

I don't think I have any other reason to re-roll at this point. I'm
happy to have this on top, or it can be squashed into the second from
the top (95b5989) if we want to keep the history cleaner.

I'm also happy to re-roll just for this, but my impression is that is
not really any easier on Junio than just squashing a patch in.

-Peff