Subject: Re: Next Git conference or meeting

From: Theodore Ts'o <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 07:21:17 -0400

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 08:20:42AM +0100, Luca Milanesio wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> Seattle is a very inconvenient location for most of the people
> coming from Europe: somewhere in the Bay area would be better and
> less expensive for us.

Well, the fact that Seattle is inconvnient might not matter that much
because apparently large numbers of Europeans are on vacation in
August, and some of them are already complaining that the Plumbers
Conference is going to be colocated with LinuxCon in Seattle.  :-)

The Linux Foundation will be hosting its Collaboration Summit (which
is like LinuxCon, but which is invitation only to members of
developers community and LF members) in at the Hyatt Santa Rosa August
21-25.  Folks would fly in to San Fracisco, but then you would need to
get up to the Napa Valley, which means renting a car or taking a bus
up to Santa Rosa.  So that's a bit of a disadvantage, but once you get
up there, it's quite nice.

If this is something that folks are interested in, I work with Angela
pretty closely, since I organize the Kernel Summit, so I'm happy to
put folks in touch with her.  But before I do that, I have one other
question.  Has the Git conference/meeting outgrown Google's
facilities?  Is that an option?

Cheers,

						- Ted