Subject: mini-GitTogether Oct 2014? (was: Next Git conference or meeting)

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 17:09:08 -0400

Reply-To: 
In-Reply-To: <CAP8UFD1Jzy2jzRaFh35=[email-masked]>

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 08:21:37AM +0200, Christian Couder wrote:

> It looks like there will be no Git conference or Git developer meeting
> this year.

I know you are talking about something potentially much larger than
this, but I wanted to note that Michael Haggerty, Ramkumar Ramachandra,
and I will all be in the Bay Area for the GSoC Reunion, October 23-26.

I do not think we want to have a "real" conference, but I wonder if git
devs would have an interest in getting together for dinner or some
social time either right before or right after.

I'm thinking it would probably be small-ish (<20 people), and primarily
just for people who work on git to talk to each other in person. No
prepared talks or anything like that. More like an evening tech-group
meetup. I'm sure some interesting discussions would crop up, and I think
sometimes the real-world interaction can help smooth later mailing list
interactions.

Are people interested in that?

-Peff