Subject: Re: mini-GitTogether Oct 2014? (was: Next Git conference or meeting)

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 22:56:32 -0400

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 07:19:45PM -0700, Shawn Pearce wrote:

> I would be interested if its 23rd or before. I hop a plane to Germany
> on the 24th. :)

On the 23rd (Thursday), there's a GSoC welcome reception. We could do
something in the afternoon, or something in the evening on Wednesday the
22nd.

Are people allergic to coming up to San Francisco? It would probably be
easier for me to get GitHub to organize something up there, but if
everybody is already in the valley, it may be easier to do it down
there.

I guess maybe the simplest thing is to take a poll. People can email me
off-list and I'll report the results.

Imagine I am booking a restaurant or similar venue for say, 4 hours. There
will be food and drinks, and gits will wander around and talk to each
other. Please tell me:

  1. If you are interested in coming.

  2. What days/times work. The options are:

     a. Wed, Oct 22, evening
     b. Thu, Oct 23, afternoon
     c. Sun, Oct 26, evening

  3. Where you are coming from (i.e., where would it be most convenient
     to hold it; SF, MTV, San Jose, etc).

If there's sufficient interest and agreement on times, I can look into
booking something. Please limit this to people who are git contributors.
I will not be picky about reading your shortlog output, but I would
prefer to keep it to members of the development community, not just
random git users.

-Peff