Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 1/2] Makefile: add check-headers target

From: David Aguilar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 17:24:48 -0700

On Sat, Sep 06, 2014 at 07:58:09PM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 06, 2014 at 03:57:39PM -0700, David Aguilar wrote:
> 
> > > This checks all .h files in the top directory.  Would it be better
> > > to check all files in LIB_H instead?  Or even all .h files in the
> > > tree (using "git ls-files '*.h'")?  The latter might be difficult
> > > because some of the files in compat/ #include system-specific
> > > headers.
> > 
> > Ah, I hadn't thought of using LIB_H; that might be the most
> > practical solution.
> 
> Maybe not; see d85b0dff7297fb43a57a0c1e697417bb7723247c, which is in
> 'next'.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll send v2 now which will basically use
the original approach plus a few extra paths so that we catch xdiff/,
vcs-svn, and ewah/.

Widening any more (e.g. it would be nice to say compat/*.h too) breaks
it due to platform-specific includes so it seems good enough for catching
the main cross-platform headers.
-- 
David