Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Sep 2014, #02; Tue, 9)

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 18:20:54 -0400

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 02:26:22PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> * jk/command-line-config-empty-string (2014-08-05) 1 commit
>   (merged to 'next' on 2014-08-29 at 74f04af)
>  + config: teach "git -c" to recognize an empty string
> 
>  "git -c section.var command" and "git -c section.var= command"
>  should pass the configuration differently (the former should be
>  a boolean true, the latter should be an empty string).

Hmm, there is something funny about the authorship on the sole commit in
that topic. It's too late to fix now (and I do not care too much), but
you may want to puzzle out what happened (stray --reset-author, weird
use of "git am"?).

> * jk/index-pack-threading-races (2014-08-29) 1 commit
>  - index-pack: fix race condition with duplicate bases
> 
>  When receiving an invalid pack stream that records the same object
>  twice, multiple threads got confused due to a race.  We should
>  reject or correct such a stream upon receiving, but that will be a
>  larger change.
> 
>  Will merge to 'next'.

I have been meaning to revisit this topic since the earlier discussion.
At the very least, we need to improve the error message for this case. I
think it's OK to merge this first patch, though, as anything else can
build on it.

-Peff