Subject: Re: [PATCH] refs: speed up is_refname_available

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:31:43 -0400

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:07:28AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > This has a fairly straightforward conflict with the ref-transaction
> > stuff in pu. The "oldrefname" parameter to is_refname_available became a
> > list of items;
> 
> Hmph, the trouble I had while reading the conflicts was about the
> new "we skip these when repacking", not "oldrefname".
> 
> Will check your suggested resolution later today.  Thanks.

I didn't see any conflict related to repacking. If I am reading
54e696fc433 correctly, the single "oldrefname" became a list "skip" in
the name_conflict_* code. My series dropped name_conflict_*, but gave a
similar adaptation to the replacement.

The "skip while repacking" code is repack_without_refs, but I don't
think I touched anything that conflicted there.

-Peff