Subject: Re: [PATCH] merge & sequencer: turn "Conflicts:" hint into a comment

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 18:22:38 -0400

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 02:14:42PM -0700, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> Jeff King wrote:
> 
> > For the most part, combined-diff (and --cc) will show the interesting
> > cases anyway. But if you take a whole file from one side of the merge,
> > then there is nothing interesting for diff to show. Do people still want
> > to get that more complete list of potentially interesting files? And if
> > so, how do they do it?  I think there really isn't a great way besides
> > repeating the merge.
> 
> If you have time to experiment with tr/remerge-diff from pu[1], that
> would be welcome.

Thanks, that was the topic I was thinking of.

It's not very often that I want to carefully investigate merge commits
(usually it is when I am trying to help somebody track the addition or
deletion of content that came as part of an evil merge), but I'll give
it a try next time it comes up.

-Peff