Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] Multiple worktrees vs. submodules fixes

From: Max Kirillov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 00:07:02 +0200

On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 07:54:39PM +0700, Duy Nguyen wrote:
> Ping.. any idea how to go from here..

I'm sorry, I happen to have little time since the last
conversation.

As far as I understand, my patches are correct about
handling existing submodules, but they may be not enough
regarding _initialization_ of the submodules. There can be
desired changes to how 'git submodule update --init' behaves
in the linked working trees. If others agree to leave it to
some later development, and continue now with the reading
part, I would keep it all unchanged, except adding the
GIT_COMMON_DIR to local_repo_env (or would you like to do
it?) and couple of additional tests which I have drafted
during discussion. Otherwise I'll be trying but it's hard to
make any estimates.

PS: the change of 'git submodule update --init' would be
behavior change, but git anyway must support non-linked
submodules in different worktrees, so there should be no
compatibility break.

-- 
Max