Subject: Re: [PATCH] t1410: fix breakage on case-insensitive filesystems

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 01:30:35 -0500

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 09:48:29AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Michael Blume <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Works for me, thanks =)
> >
> > I'm curious now, is there an automated build of git running on a mac
> > anywhere? There's a mac mini running jenkins in my office and it's
> > possible I could convince someone to let me set up a git build that'll
> > e-mail me if there's a test failure.
> 
> I am not aware of a Macintosh person who regularly runs tests, but
> if there were, we hopefully will hear from them soonish ;-).

I think there are several people who run the tests on OS X fairly
regularly (I note that another fix for the t1410 problem has already
materialized :) ).

However, I think it is nice when test failures are caught early, before
you have merged topics (to master or elsewhere). That helps isolate the
failures to their particular topics.

I know you "make test" before pushing out the results of any integration
you do. And I recall that for a while (and maybe still?) you even did so
on VMs of a few common platforms. OS X is notoriously irritating to run
in a VM, but would you be interested in a network-accessible install
that you could push to and "make test" on as part of your routine?

If what Michael is offering cannot do that, I am sure I can get GitHub
to set something up.

-Peff