Subject: Re: Bug: git log showing nothing when using --since and --until flags with specific dates

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 04:36:06 -0500

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 11:27:06AM +1100, Colin Smith wrote:

> Apologies if this has already been raised or PEBCAK, but I've noticed
> a bug where git log with certain date ranges breaks things. It appears
> to be any --since date with a --until date in the future between
> 2014-12-01 and 2014-12-09. Dates from 2014-12-10 appear to work, and
> so does the date 2015-12-01.

Ugh. Approxidate strikes again:

  for i in 2014-11-01 2013-12-01 2014-12-01; do
    ./test-date approxidate $i
  done

produces:

  2014-11-01 -> 2014-11-01 09:35:19 +0000
  2013-12-01 -> 2013-12-01 09:35:19 +0000
  2014-12-01 -> 2014-01-12 09:35:19 +0000

The first two are right, but the fourth one is not.  It's probably
something simple and stupid.

-Peff