Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-send-email.perl: Fix handling of suppresscc option.

From: Jens Stimpfle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:41:04 +0100

Junio, thanks for reviewing.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:25:14AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> "When I say addresses on Cc: does not matter, it doesn't.  No matter
> what the address in question is" (likewise for S-o-b:) is what the
> updated logic says.  It is easier to explain than the traditional
> "The way to squelch my address is by 'suppress self'; for all other
> addresses on Cc:/S-o-b:, there are separate suppression methods".
> 
> But I have a slight suspicion that this special casing of 'self' was
> done on purpose, and people may be relying on it.

It seems the behaviour is exactly described in the manpage. Sorry for
having missed that.

The behaviour is super-complex and confusing, though. It's easy to
imagine much simpler, intuitive and "transparent" ones.

But I have no experience with distributed git workflows so I'm
absolutely not in the position to call it broken or provide a "fix".

Sorry for the noise.