Subject: Re: [PATCH] t960[34]: mark cvsimport tests as requiring perl

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 14:15:10 -0500

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 10:56:22AM -0800, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> Jeff King wrote:
> 
> > It would probably make sense to have these scripts just
> > skip_all if NO_PERL is set, but I opted to follow the pattern
> > set by t9600, etc. If somebody feels like spending time refactoring the
> > cvsimport test harness, be my guest.
> 
> Wouldn't it be a matter of the following, plus (optionally) dropping
> the existing PERL prerequisites on cvs tests?
> [...]
>  t/lib-cvs.sh | 6 ++++++

Yeah, I think so. I was worried that lib-cvs was used by the other CVS
tests (like t9200, and t940x), but it seems to be cvsimport-specific.
If you do go this route (and that is fine with me), maybe it is worth
changing the filename to make that more clear.

-Peff