Subject: [PATCH] git-svn: Support for propset

From: Alfred Perlstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 22:23:49 -0800

Hello folks,

I have resurrected the code submitted by David Fraser to facilitate
git-svn to set properties on files.

This is my very first patch submission to git(1) so please be gentle.

I have tried my best to abide with all the instructions located
here:

https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

I've cc'd the top 4 people who have been active in the area:
~/git/git % git log --since '2010-01-01' git-svn.perl |grep Author | sort  | uniq -c | sort -n | tail -4
   6 Author: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
   9 Author: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
  13 Author: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
  19 Author: Michael G. Schwern <[email-masked]>
And of course: [email-masked]

We (FreeBSD) and my company that uses FreeBSD are starting to use
git-svn to collaborate with each other, however our (FreeBSD's)
central repo is subversion and requires us to set properties in
order to commit.  This change would be tremendously helpful for a
number of us in order to cut overhead of the git<->subversion bridge.
Effectively with this patch we can commit directly to FreeBSD and
FreeBSD ports using git.

The next email should have the patch in format that is consumable 
by "git am" when applied against the master branch.

I have been testing this and have done a number of commits directly
to FreeBSD kernel and FreeBSD ports (packages) system using this
patch successfully.

Alfred Perlstein (1):
  git-svn: Support for git-svn propset

 git-svn.perl           | 50 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 perl/Git/SVN/Editor.pm | 47 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 96 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.1.2