Subject: Re: fast-import should not care about core.ignorecase

From: Mike Hommey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 09:22:45 +0900

On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 09:12:11AM +0900, Mike Hommey wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> As you now know, I'm working on a mercurial remote helper for git. As
> such, it uses fast-import.
> 
> In the mercurial history of mozilla-central, there have been various
> renames of files with only case changes, and it so happens that my
> remote helper blows things up on case insensitive file systems. The
> reason is git clone probing the file system and setting core.ignorecase
> appropriately.
> 
> While it makes sense for checkouts and local commits, it doesn't make
> sense to me that using git fast-import with the same import script would
> have a different behavior depending on whether the file system is
> case-sensitive or not.

Heh, I just found this thread:
http://marc.info/?t=139134708700001&r=1&w=2

It doesn't seem to have led to something actually being committed,
though.

Mike