Subject: Re: [PATCH] document string_list_clear

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:35:52 -0800

Jeff King wrote:

> I agree there are some formatting problems in the strbuf.h patch I sent
> earlier. I'm happy to fix them and resend, but I'm not 100% sure that
> fixing all the problems I see will not leave problems for you. I can fix
> them and you can review if you want. Or alternatively, if you have more
> drastic formatting or wording changes in mind, maybe it would make sense
> for you to take a pass?

For the sake of reviewability, I think the less that happens in a
single working patch, the better. :)

If I were doing it, I would first de-asciidoc within technical/ and
then move into the header in a separate patch.  Or first move with
asciidoc intact and then de-asciidoc in a separate patch.  Combining
the two into a single patch is also fine.  Please don't change wording
at the same time.

> I _don't_ want to commit to moving all of api-* into headers myself.

Yeah, I think that's fine.  Moving one at a time when people want to
do it doesn't hurt consistency at all relative to the status quo.

Jonathan