Subject: Re: [PATCH] document string_list_clear

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:27:26 -0500

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 11:35:52AM -0800, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> If I were doing it, I would first de-asciidoc within technical/ and
> then move into the header in a separate patch.  Or first move with
> asciidoc intact and then de-asciidoc in a separate patch.  Combining
> the two into a single patch is also fine.  Please don't change wording
> at the same time.

Here's what I came up with. The first patch probably does more than
you'd like (and more than I would have done if I were starting from
scratch today). But I didn't want to get into undoing the stripping of
each function-name list item that I showed earlier, as it would be a lot
of tedious manual work. If we decide we want to keep those, I'm happy to
do the work to restore them, but it didn't seem like a good tradeoff
just to create an intermediate state to make the patch prettier.

I did split out some of the other formatting decisions, though, so they
can be evaluated individually.

  [1/4]: strbuf: migrate api-strbuf.txt documentation to strbuf.h
  [2/4]: strbuf.h: drop asciidoc list formatting from API docs
  [3/4]: strbuf.h: format asciidoc code blocks as 4-space indent
  [4/4]: strbuf.h: reorganize api function grouping headers

-Peff