Subject: Re: [PATCH] is_hfs_dotgit: loosen over-eager match of \u{..47}

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 16:11:52 -0500

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 09:31:10PM +0100, Johannes Sixt wrote:

> Am 23.12.2014 um 09:45 schrieb Jeff King:
> > @@ -606,7 +606,7 @@ static ucs_char_t next_hfs_char(const char **in)
> >  		 * but this is enough to catch anything that will convert
> >  		 * to ".git"
> >  		 */
> > -		return tolower(out);
> > +		return out;
> 
> Did you consider changing the comment that we see in the pre-context here?

I did consider it, but the comment that is there was actually written
for the _original_ version, before I added tolower in the first place
(it also applied equally to the tolower() version, so I left it).

So it was clear either way, at least in my brain. :)

Of course that does not say anything about people's brains who did not
write the patch.  The changes Junio suggested elsewhere in the thread do
make it more clear.

-Peff