Subject: Question about the revision walking API

From: Mike Hommey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 11:02:30 +0900

Hi,

I would like to know if the revision walking API works as one would
expect with a calling sequence like the following:

- init_revisions
- add_pending_object/setup_revisions
- prepare_revision_walk
- get_revision (repeated)
- reset_revision_walk (I guess)
- add_pending_object
- prepare_revision_walk
- get_revision (repeated)

That is, do a first revision walk based on a given rev_info, then reuse that
rev_info with additional commit objects (in my case, I want to add more
UNINTERESTING commits) and redo a revision walk based on the modified
rev_info (so, avoid reinitializing a rev_info and filling it from
scratch again with the additional UNINTERESTING commits).

I guess I could try and see if that works, but I'd rather have an
informed answer than to derive my own from the fact my testcase would
happen to work by chance.

Cheers,

Mike