Subject: Re: Fwd: segmentation fault 11

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 20:36:57 -0500

On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 06:56:14PM +0100, David Krmpotic wrote:

> I updated to 2.3.0 on my OSX 10.9.5 and when trying to push to github
> (git push -u origin master), I get:
> 
> Segmentation fault: 11
> 
> Switched back to 1.8.5.5 and it works...

Is this reproducible easily? If so, can you do one or both of:

  1. Get a backtrace by running git-push under gdb (and/or loading gdb
     on the core file if you have it). The report you linked mentions
     that we were in "0x0000000102b70ebe cmd_push + 2466", but without
     having your binary, that only gives a vague sense of the line
     that caused the problem.

  2. Bisect the bug between v1.8.5.5 and v2.3.0. I can walk you through
     the specific steps if you've never bisected before.

Thanks.

-Peff