Subject: Is there some way to suppress Cc email only to stable?

From: "Paul E. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 11:42:24 -0800

Hello!

I need to be able to put the following Cc in a git commit:

Cc: <[email-masked]>

Yet I cannot allow git-send-email to actually send email to that address,
lest I get an automated nastygram in response.  I found the --to-cmd=
option to git-send-email, but it looks to only add email addresses, never
delete them.  I also found the --suppress-cc= option to git-send-email,
but it appears to suppress all Cc emails, not just selected ones.

One approach that occurred to me is to hand-edit the files produced
by git-format-patch, removing [email-masked] entirely prior to
using git-send-email.  However, this is a bit error-prone.  Yes, I could
script it, but with my luck, I will eventually end up having my script
mangle some patch, for example to the Linux kernel's MAINTAINERS file.
Furthermore, this approach means that people reviewing the patches
cannot see the Cc stable entries (though I could presumably comment them
out somehow).

Another approach is to add the stable Ccs just before doing the pull
request, by my upstream maintainer is not fond of that approach.  Nor am
I, as it would be all to easy to forget to add the stable Ccs.  Or to
get them wrong.

I can't be the only person wanting to do something like this.  So is
there some git option that I am missing here?

							Thanx, Paul